Frequently Asked Questions
Heat Direct – Covid 19
We continue as normal, our supply network is coping with restrictions and we are continually monitoring the status of distribution hubs, couriers, stock availability and regional restraints. We will communicate any delivery issues as necessary. At present, our infrastructure has experienced only a very limited disruption.
ACTION WE HAVE TAKEN
All our staff are now working remotely and in complete separation from colleagues and others within business centres.
Paperless processes are in place, all connections are via secure VPN and data is protected with appropriate encryption. Our work from home status is fully GDPR compliant.
SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTION HUBS AND DELIVERIES
We are in daily contact with our suppliers and distribution hubs and will update any restrictions on products as soon as we can.
We supply various products that would be used in an emergency call out (not heating, no hot water). These orders will be prioritised where necessary.
Deliveries can be made direct to your home, customers or site. Please assess risk as select the best method for you and your customers.
Couriers will have their own social distancing procedure in place, please observe these as instructed. Failure to do so may result in deliveries being withheld.
We are working to make all deliveries on a next day basis, where possible, please inform us as soon as possible if any restrictions are placed on the delivery address. i.e self-isolation.
For commercial sites, please supply and specific instruction that relate to delivery restrictions that have been put in place. Please send special instruction to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your order number. For assistance please call 01228 210333
BACKORDERS, DELAYED DELIVERIES & NON ESSENTIAL DELIVERIES
If you require items to be delivered at a later date please let us know before or once you have placed your order. We can make arrangement for specific future delivery dates, we will contact you prior to this date to confirm arrangements.
We will contact you where possible before backorders are dispatched, we may be able to change delivery addresses or arrange different delivery dates.
At the moment we are monitoring the returns process, there may be delays in this process that are out of our control. We will discuss this individually until we know the full impact.
We have working relationship with various manufacturers, while service continues to support the construction, plumbing and heating industry, we will do our very best to support you. We have a specific product range on our site, if you require any item that is manufactured/ supplied though our partners we can set up special orders.
If you have any questions please call us on 01228 210333, WhatsApp 07712 440891 or check our social media profiles.
1. Where are you based? 2. Do you have a trade counter? 3. What is the standard delivery time? 4. What are the delivery rates? 5. Can I speak with someone to discuss a product or order? 6. Do you price match? 7. Do you offer coupons or vouchers? 8. Where is my order? 9. How do I return an order? 10. What happens if I order a wrong item? 11. How do I cancel an order? 12. Where can I find technical data for a product?
Can’t find the question you want? Contact us direct for and we’ll be happy to help.
1. Where are you based? The main Direct Heat Supplies offices is based in Carlisle, Cumbria. We have special arrangements with reputable manufacturers and operate mainly on a drop ship basis, this means products are sent directly from manufacturing depos to your specified address. This can be direct to site or to your home/office address, whichever is most convenient to you.
2. Do you have a trade counter? No – Heat Direct is an e-commerce company and does not operate a trade counter. We may be able to offer a click and collect service at our hub at Warwick Mill Business Centre, Warwick Bridge, Carlisle. Click and collect items should be manageable by hand, please contact us before ordering to make arrangements.
3. What is the standard delivery time?. Each product has a delivery estimate, from dispatch with manufacturers most items are sent on a next day basis. Some items are manufactured to order and take longer to supply. Whilst our estimates are a good indication, delivery dates will be confirmed by emails. You should not arrange installation or book trades in until the goods are received, inspected and satisfactory for the project.
4. What are the delivery rates? We have a standard delivery rate of £15.00, this value we incur costs from manufacturers and this covers this fee. Due to the nature of products supplied our costs can at times be double or quadruple this (pallet/multiple pallet deliveries). We have systems in place that may discount or zero the delivery rate in line with manufacturers carriage cost structure. We do not mask delivery costs in products.
We deliver to mainland UK only, we may be able to arrange delivery, at additional cost, to certain islands, transportation ports or source special couriers for non-mainland locations. Please contact us for further details.
5. Can I speak to someone about a product or order? Of course, we are happy to help, please contact us on 01228 210333 or use our chat client. We are, at times, available out of normal business hours; although we make no promise.
6. Do you price match? No, we source products directly from manufacturers, we hold little or no stock. Registered trade customers will take advantage of a competitive discount structure and frequent vouchers further discounting order values. We have a reliable logistical network, our website is developed, maintained and secured by reputable professionals. We aim to bring you the best service, quality products at a fair price. We encourage you to register.
7. Do you offer coupons or vouchers? Yes, periodically we offer discount codes that may relate to single product discount, whole order discounts, delivery discounts or quick pack discounts. These may be freely advertised on site, sent via e-mail, given verbally or detailed in a newsletter.
8. Where is my order? Some deliveries will be sent via a courier service that uses tracking information, this will be confirmed to you via email or text. Other deliveries may go with curriers who do not offer this service and we only know the day of delivery. If you are concerned about a delivery please contact us and we will liaise with the couriers.
9. How do I return an item? You must contact us in the first instance, you will be given an authorisation code. Please do not post items back to us without an authorisation code as some items will be returned directly to manufacturers or their clearing centres. If we cannot locate returned items we will not be able to process a refund.
10. What happens if I order the wrong item? We are here to help, let us know immediately and we will help you locate the correct item required. We will give you a returns authorisation code and you can arrange the return of the product. If the item is returned within 7 days, unused, in its original undamaged packaging and not contaminated in any way we will process a refund within 14 days. Please note that you are responsible for the cost of returning an item and a 25% restocking fee. Due to the nature of our products, returns are very infrequent, we encourage you to check the items before order and speak to us if you are unsure.
11. How do I cancel an order? Please contact us as soon as possible, if the products have not been dispatched we can completely cancel the order and issue a full refund. If an order has been dispatched normal returns policy will apply. If you reject an order with the courier, you may be subject to a redirect fee.
12. Where can I find technical data for a product? We provide sales and technical downloads for many products, these are intended as information only, you should seek up to date and formal information directly from the manufacturers.
For further information please view our Terms & Conditions or contact us on 01228 210333